The groundwork is now laid for the ASEAN Business Awards (ABA) 2019!
Launched in the year 2007 by the ASEAN Business and Advisory Council (ASEAN-BAC), ABA was conceived to be the first of its kind in the region, with the dual objectives of recognizing outstanding ASEAN enterprises, and to serve as a platform to spread information concerning the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) & promote regional integration. In addition, ABA also brings to the spotlight promising ASEAN small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that have the potential of becoming a global economic Players.
Since its inception, ABA has recognized more than 100 companies throughout the region that excel in the categories of Growth, Employment, Innovation, and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Over the years, ASEAN-BAC has further expanded the categories of ABA to include the Priority Integration Sectors (PIS) of ASEAN element, and the ASEAN Family Business Award, as well as recognizing outstanding young entrepreneurs, women entrepreneurs and sustainable social enterprises.
The awards give recognition to the most outstanding and successful ASEAN personalities and companies contributing to ASEAN’s economic growth and prosperity.
Below are the complete award categories:
1. PRIORITY INTEGRATION SECTORS. Outstanding performance and presence in the ASEAN Economic Community Priority Integration Sectors. Includes the recognition of integration and connectivity between ASEAN businesses owned and operated by the applicant.
2. SME EXCELLENCE. Demonstrate Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR); Employment in the provision of a stimulating and supportive workplace; Growth, have achieved outstanding commercial success and sustainable growth will be honoured with this award; Innovation, has a proven ability to create, nurture and develop new products or service
3. FAMILY BUSINESS. To recognize outstanding family enterprises which have achieved outstanding successes and sustainable growth in ASEAN.
4. YOUNG ENTREPENEUR. Outstanding business owner below the age of 45 who have demonstrated significant success though leadership, market positioning and company performance.
5. SUSTAINABLE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE. To recognize outstanding social enterprises which are innovative and have made significant sustained contributions to the disadvantaged in our community.
6. GREEN ENTERPRISE. To recognize outstanding business that have demonstrated a significant commitment and responsibility of environment conservation
7. STARTUP AND IDE (Innovation Driven Entrepreneur). A newly added category. To recognize outstanding startup and IDE business whom have successfully developed and validated a scalable business model.
8. SKILL DEVELOPMENT. To recognize outstanding businesses that have demonstrated a significant contribution to human capital development.
9. WOMEN ENTREPRENEUR. Women management in the organisation who changed either the following: Marketing Strategy, Management Style; Human Resource Management or Organisation Culture and achieved significant success in the business or improvement in efficiency which benefited the company overall.
Last November 12, 2018, the Philippines dominated the stage after winning 8 out of 21 awards held in Singapore. The Philippines also sent more than 100 nominees out of the total 280 aspirants across the ASEAN region.
Awardees include: Pioneer Adhesives, Inc. for Priority Integration Sector (Automotive); Seaoil Philippines, Inc. for Priority Integration Sector (Energy); Jollibee Foods Corporation for Priority Integration Sector (Food and Beverage); International Container Terminal Services Inc. for Priority Integration Sector (Logistics); Wilcon Depot, Inc. for Priority Integration Sector (Retail); CARD MRI for Sustainable Social Enterprise; and Coffee for Peace Inc. for SME Excellence Corporate Social Responsibility. Century Pacific Food Inc. also bagged the grand award for family businesses.
Do you have what it takes to be the next awardee? Send your application now!
Deadline of application is on August 31, 2019.